I’ve never even had Turkey and Stuffing Casserole, but apparently it’s a thing…
I found some recipes online – I think one was the Kraft® website and another was on AllRecipes.com, but both called for cream soups…
…Not quite what I had in mind for – to paraphrase one of my favourite chefs – kicking’ up my diet food a notch! So, I did what I usually do…I improvised!
If you’re looking for a simple and tasty way to change up your NS Turkey and Stuffing dinner, give this one a try. The cranberry-free version got DH’s seal of approval. I found the version with cranberry sauce really yummy!
Ingredients (for 1 serving)
1 package NS Turkey and Stuffing Dinner entree
1/3 cup each chopped carrots, celery and onions
1 pinch each garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper and sage
1 tbsp cranberry sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray the inside of a 4-cup, oven-safe casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Put a non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. When it is ready, spray it with cooking spray.
- Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they have softened.
- While you’re waiting, open the package and cut through the contents with a sharp knife just enough to break up the turkey.
- Add the garlic, black pepper and sage to the vegetable mixture and stir.
- Add the entree, and stir to combine.
- Empty into the casserole dish.
- IF using the cranberry sauce, muddle it with the back of a teaspoon to break it up, and spread over the top.
- Cook at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Empty into a bowl to serve.
By my calculations, each serving = 1 NS dinner entree, 1 serving veggies.
If using cranberry sauce, count as 1 extra.