Not much going on today, but we’ve noticed that the Aerogardens that we planted just last week have already started to sprout! I’m so looking forward to fresh lettuces and tomatoes all winter.
The lettuces are doing well. (Yes, I know that you aren’t supposed to take the labels off, but the little leaves were getting all smooshed under them, and they aren’t very flexible…)
The plant on the middle right is big enough to touch the greenhouse dome, so I’ll leave that one off. The tomatoes are just starting, too.
I popped the chives in here just yesterday. I may move them over to take teh spot of the one lettuce that doesn’t seem to be growing, if something doesn’t happen there, soon.
Anyway, I have another 1 SmartCarb + 1 PowerFuel snack for you tonight: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Ingredients (for 1 serving)
1 Mozzarella string cheese
1 Weight Watchers multigrain thin bun
pinch of Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Split the bun and put on a cookie or baking sheet.
- Shred the string cheese. Divide pieces between the two halves.
- Sprinkle each half with a bit of Italian Seasoning.
- Just before you pop them into the oven, switch it from bake to broil. (I had to put our oven up to 400F to do this.)
- Cook on a middle rack for 4 minutes.
This one also earned the ‘husband-approved’ rating!
By my calculations, 1 PowerFuel and 1 SmartCarb