As I’ve mentioned, our selections are a bit more limited because NS doesn’t ship their frozen food to Canada. So it’s even more important to change up or ‘edit’ our entrees so that we find them more palatable and don’t get bored.
Here’s tonight’s take on the Mac and Cheese with Turkey Sausage: Macaroni in a Mushroom Cream Sauce
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
½ cup Onions, chopped
1/2 cup green pea pods
Fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried Thyme
2 pkgs NS Mac and Cheese with Turkey Sausage
2 tbsps Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese – Chive flavour
- Preheat a non-stick pan;
- Spray with cooking spray;
- Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally. Add pepper, salt and thyme. Continue to cook until until reduced and browned;
- Add pea pods and about 1 tbsp water. Steam until cooked.
- Add the two entrees, stir to combine, and simmer until heated through. Add water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add cream cheese and gently stir in.
This one came out beautifully creamy, and it was definitely tastier than the ‘unedited’ version. Unfortunately, I couldn’t actually taste the chive flavour, like I could in the burger the other night.
Coming soon: An update on the Aerogardens
Good night, folks!