I’ve got another ‘husband approved’ NS entree makeover for you tonight, but first, the promised update on the seedlings!
Wow! What a change from last week! And it looks like the Deer Tongue has sprouted after all! I think we’ll be able to start harvesting these for some of our lunch salads starting in a week or two.
I have no idea what happened here… The tomatoes had sprouted, but now they just look all dried up. I’ll give them another week, but I have a nasty feeling that they’re toast. I’ll also make a note to top the water up every weekend, not just when it blinks for attention.
Live and learn, right? 😦
Anyway, on to tonight’s main event!
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
about 2 cups of chopped vegetables (I used mushrooms, onions and red pepper)
1/2 cup salsa (if you like hot, use hot; if you prefer mild, use that)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch hot smoked paprika
fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp BBQ sauce (again, use hot if that’s what you like)
- Heat a non-stick pan. When ready, spray with cooking spray;
- Sautée the vegetables, stirring occasionally;
- While they cook, cut the meatloaf and potatoes into smaller chunks (about 1/2 inch cube) in the dish they come in;
- Add the spices to the vegetables and continue cooking;
- Add the salsa and stir;
- Add the meatloaf and potatoes, and the BBQ sauce. Stir to combine and heat through, adding water as necessary to keep it from burning.
It may not look like much, but it’s a tasty meal in one bowl.
By my calculations, each serving is one NS Dinner Entree, and one Limited Extra.