One of our favourite meals, BN (Before NutriSyestem) was Corned Beef Hash.
It’s really not diet-friendly, though, so I’ve been working to come up with a replacement. The turkey version didn’t work too well, but DH and I like this one a lot better. You can use it as a breakfast, snack, or lunch.
Ingredients (For 2 Servings)
1 small onion, chopped
250 – 300 g potato, cooked and chopped, OR raw & grated
150 g cooked ham, chopped or diced
fresh ground black pepper
1/8 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp prepared mustard
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. When ready, spray with cooking spray;
- Add onion and potatoes, spreading out as much as possible. Cook about 2 minutes;
- Stir. Cook about another 2 minutes;
- Repeat step three until onions and potatoes are starting to brown, as above, then add ham, black pepper and dry mustard. Stir, and cook another 2 minutes
- When all is cooked / warmed through, add prepared mustard;
- Stir to combine, then serve.
DH prefers his in a bowl.
The shredded potatoes are nicer, but this version is quicker and uses up leftovers!
By my calculations, each serving is 1 SmartCarb and 1 PowerFuel.