I’ve been playing around with the NS Sweet BBQ Sauce with Pulled-Style Pork lunch; here’s the first edited lunch entrée that I’ve come up with:
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
3 cups water
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 parsnip, chopped
½ cup diced tomatoes
57 g raw parboiled brown rice
1 tsp Tex-Mex seasoning (or chili powder)
Pinch hot pepper flakes
2 pkgs NS Sweet BBQ Sauce with Pulled-Style Pork
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the chopped vegetables, rice and spices, and bring back to a boil.
- Boil for 17 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- Add pork, and bring to a simmer.
- Serve. Garnish with chives, or green onions (free), or with 2 tbsp low fat sour cream (1 extra).
There were some bigger chunks of pork in the package than I was expecting!
I had to laugh when I looked at the pictures I’d taken. I know that I used 2 different white bowls for these pictures, but I wasn’t expecting the soup in the different bowls to look so different! I guess this one ended up with some extra tomatoes!
This one was definitely ‘husband-approved’.
Without the garnish, I figure that each serving works out to 1 NS Lunch Entrée and 2 servings of vegetables.
Coming soon – Southwest Style Shepherd’s Pie!