This is the first of two posts, tonight.
It’s another quick and easy meal-in-a-bowl, this time made with the NS Ravioli with meat sauce.
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1 tsp garlic spread
1 cup onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 cup frozen, chopped spinach (or about 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves, packed)
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or tomato puree
2 packages Nutrisystem Ravioli with Beef Sauce
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat;
- Add garlic spread, and onions;
- When onions start to brown, add garlic and spinach;
- Saute until the spinach is thawed. (Wilted, if you are using fresh spinach.)
- Add the strained tomatoes, mix;
- Add the contents of the packages, and just enough water so that you can combine all, easily. (I usually rinse out the trays the entrees come in with about half a cup of water and pour that into the pan.)
- Stir gently until hot through. Dish out, and top with cheese, if using.
This one garnered a ‘husband-approved’ rating, which surprised me, because he usually isn’t fond of spinach!
By my calculations, this works out to 1 NS Dinner entree, 2 servings of vegetables, and 1 extra per serving. (Make that 2 extras per serving, if you add the cheese.)