A fast and yummy PowerFuel! Pair with a SmartCarb to make a snack.
This one was inspired by Dinner Mom’s Ham Quiche Cups. They are great for a weekend breakfast or mid-morning snack, but they would probably do just as well for the PowerFuel portion of a lunch entree, or for finger foods on a brunch table if you’re entertaining!
Ingredients (for 3 PowerFuel servings)
1 tbsp skim milk
1/2 tsp salad herbs
1 pinch fresh ground pepper
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pkg buddig Black Forest Ham (90 Cal. pkg)
2 ea Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (the ones that say ‘less than 25 calories per portion’).
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Put salad herbs in a small mixing bowl. Add milk, garlic and pepper.
- Break eggs into bowl and wisk with a fork until lightly beaten.
- Lightly spray a 6-muffin muffin pan with cooking spray. (Not needed if using a silicon muffin pan.)
- Line cups with one slice of ham each. (They should stick up a bit.)
- Chop cheese and divide between ham cups.
- Divide egg mixture between muffin cups.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. If not done (still runny on top), switch to broil at 400F and cook 5 minutes longer.
- When done, remove from oven and gently loosen with a table knife.
- Garnish plates with remainder of ham slices (There should be 4 left.)
According to MasterCook, Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 120 Calories; 8g Fat (60.6% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 287mg Cholesterol; 208mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.
Serving Ideas: Two of these works out to a PowerFuel on Nutrisystem. Serve warm with 2 slices of Weight Watchers Multigrain bread spread with a 1/2 tsp of butter each. (This adds 1 Starch / SmartCarb and 1 Fat / Limited Extra.) DH likes his with a bit of salsa.
Categories: 30 Minute Meals, Appetizers & Finger Foods, Breakfast or Brunch, Cheese, Milk & Yoghurt, Cold Meats (Deli Meats), Freezer Friendly, Husband-Approved, Pork & Ham, PowerFuel, Quick & Easy
Ratings: 4 – Make Again: 0