I think I translated that right: Soup with Chicken and Rice?
Anyway, it’s an Edited Entree featuring the Nutrisystem Arroz con Pollo lunch entree. DH actually threw these together last weekend, when I was feeling under the weather.
The prep work is super quick and and easy if you have the frozen mirepoix mix on hand. If you’d like to take this to work for lunch, I’d recommend stopping after step 4. Cool the soup and put it in a slightly oversize spill-proof container, then finish off the remaining steps at work in the microwave.
Ingredients (for 2 portions)
3 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
2 to 3 cups frozen mirepoix mix (you can add more non-starchy vegetables if you like)
1 bay leaf
2 packages Nutrisystem® Arroz con Pollo
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy-bottomed saucepan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add the mirepoix mix. Stir occasionally until thawed and slightly browned.
- Add bay leaf and stock.
- Simmer 20 minutes or so, until vegetables are fork-tender.
- Add contents of the two lunch pouches, stir to combine.
- Bring back to a simmer for a few minutes, check seasoning, remove the bay leaf and serve.
By my calculations: This works out to a lunch entree with 1 to 2 servings of vegetables.