Two enthusiastic thumbs up for tonight’s dinner!
Give this one a try as soon as you can… I made it for dinner with the NS BBQ Seasoned Chicken, but it would probably work just as well for lunch using the NS BBQ Pulled Pork.
Ingredients (for 2 portions)
2 packages of Nutrisystem BBQ Seasoned Chicken
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
3/4 cup salsa (divided)
2 cheese strings or cheese sticks
4 small tortillas (I like corn tortillas – just make sure they fit the definition of a SmartCarb!)
- Shred one cheese string;
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cheese string; onions, pepper, chicken and about 1/4 of a cup of salsa;
- Spread about 1/4 cup of salsa in the bottom of a baking dish;
- Put about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the centre of each tortilla, as shown above. Roll and place in baking dish;
- Top enchiladas with remaining salsa, and shred the remaining cheese string and scatter over top;
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
I cooked these with a tray full of vegetables that DH had prepared. I sprayed them with a bit of garlic-flavoured oil, then sprinkled them with some Mrs. Dash seasonings.
By my calculations, this works out to 1 NS Supper entree, 1 SmartCarb (the 2nd tortilla), 1 PowerFuel (cheese string), and 1 Extra (the salsa). Add another Extra if you want a bit of low fat sour cream.